This Celtic Cross was erected in 1909 by the Ancient Order of Hibernians to remember the Irish tragedy of  1847. It sits on top of a hill at the western end of the island and overlooks a portion of the ships anchorage. The unveiling ceremonies of this monument were attended by several survivors of the 1847 events.

Back
Home

This page last updated on April 9, 2010 by Gilbert Provost - g.provost@xplornet.ca
  © 1999-2010 Gilbert Provost, All Rights Reserved.